Teacher of IB Economics
Founded in 1924, the Ecole Internationale de Genève (Ecolint) welcomes 4,500 students aged 3 to 18, representing more than 130 nationalities. Our 1,250 staff from all over the world work on our three campuses (La Grande Boissière and Campus des Nations in Geneva, La Châtaigneraie in the canton of Vaud).
In our 7 schools, our students benefit from international teaching and bilingual supervision of the highest quality.
To fulfil our mission of "Educating students to be global citizens with the courage and capacity to create a just and joyful tomorrow together", every member of staff can draw inspiration from our hundred years of experience, our constant drive to innovate, and our strong humanitarian values. Through our Ecolint Institute, we are committed to provide our staff with excellent professional development opportunities.
La Grande Boissière (LGB) campus is centrally located in Geneva and blends a mix of 18th Century buildings with cutting edge STEM and Arts facilities. The bilingual (French and English) campus is home to close to 1,900 students across the Primary, Middle and Secondary Schools. Our unique Universal Learning Programme, co-designed with UNESCO’s International Bureau of Education, seeks to anchor learning in deep conceptual understanding and the assessment of Ecolint’s global competences, to ensure that the outcome of learning makes some positive social impact.
La Grande Boissière (Secondary)
Teacher of IB Economics
Full-time – 24 Period(s)
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Teacher of Economics to join the department and help students to understand the world around them, preparing them for their future. The teacher will be able to inspire students through a variety of creative teaching styles and someone with excellent classroom management and organizational skills.
- The post holder will work in the Economics Department. The post may involve some Year 9-11 Geography or History teaching if required.
- To teach International Baccalaureate Diploma Economics at Higher and Standard Level, plus Year 11 ULP Economics
- To be willing to team teach classes and collaborate closely with colleagues
- To contribute to the teaching resources of the department
- To regularly assess the progress of students and record and report those results to parent
- To ensure curriculum entitlement and progression is achieved for all students
- Extensive experience of teaching economics at the IB Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to teach another humanity an advantage
- Knowledge of current trends and debates influencing the teaching of economics
- Experience of working in an international school
- Be passionate about their subject and inspire our students to be so as well
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A genuine interest in students and their well-being and progress
- Be an outstanding and inspirational teacher of students throughout the secondary age range
- Be able manage resources efficiently so that teaching and learning is effectively supported
- Fluent written and spoken in English, knowledge of French or a willingness to learn
- Willingness to play a wider part in the life of the school
- High personal standards and high expectations of others
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents
Interested candidates are invited to apply online with their CV, three referees, of which one must be the current or most recent employer (who will be contacted in case of interview) and a letter of motivation addressed to Jonathan Halden, Ecole Internationale de Genève, Campus de La Grande Boissière before 24 November 2023, mentioning the reference number 340 354.
The Ecole Internationale de Genève values and encourages diversity among its staff. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous checks on their prior conduct with regard to Child Protection as appropriate to their position, including reference checking with previous employers and the relevant authorities.