An application for admission is made online and can be submitted at any time for the current or any future academic year. The earlier your application is submitted, the higher your chances are of obtaining a place. New students can join the school throughout the school year up to May 1st, subject to availability of places.
At Ecolint we treat every student as an individual. This also applies to class placement, with our Schools taking into account a number of factors to determine the most appropriate class level. Date of birth is a factor, but we also consider previous school history, social maturity, demonstrated levels of academic ability or identified learning needs, language proficiency and the family's future plans.
If you have any questions about the most appropriate class level for your child, School Principals will be delighted to discuss with you either prior to or after a request for admission. The ultimate decision of year level rests with our School Principals, and is based on providing the optimal conditions for students to succeed academically and socially, as our system is not rigid and allows for both flexibility and pragmatism.
1. Required documents
In order to enable us to process an application and for the Principals to make a thorough assessment of what is right for your child, we will ask you to provide the following:
- A recent passport size photo
- Proof of date of birth (photocopy) for applicants up to and including age 5 (Pre-Reception, Reception and Year 1)
- Copies of the end of year school reports for the last 2 years (in English or French), assuming your child has been in school
- Copy of the current year school reports (if applicable)
- Essay: a brief handwritten description by the child of himself/herself and his/her interests - without assistance, or a recent drawing (self-portrait), if the child cannot write yet, with his/her name underneath
- Online payment of the application fee of CHF 250.- (see "Tuition & fees")
2. Admission criteria
All applications are considered individually, taking into consideration the following factors:
- Placement in present school
- Previous changes during the applicant’s education
- Languages spoken
- Final goals of the applicant
- Level of maturity and age*
- Children must be toilet trained before they start school
*Age exceptions may be considered on a case by case basis.
The Principals may ask for further information or to see the applicant.
3. Offer of places for an entry date in September
Places will be offered by the Admissions Office by telephone or email from February onwards to the end of August.
Following the acceptance of a place by the parents, a contract is sent by the Admissions office. The place is secured upon receipt of the enrolment contract signed by the parents and of the payment of the Registration Fee and the Capital Development Fund Fee (see "Tuition & Fees").