Welcome to Pregny Early Years Centre
Isla Gordon - Principal
In our purpose-built facility surrounded by large outdoor play areas, a sports field and forest and gardens, your children will follow the Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate. This innovative and demanding programme builds on children’s natural curiosity, supporting their autonomy and competency both as individuals and as a part of a dynamic learning community. Hands-on activities, personal research and thoughtful discussions help our students make connections and become active and lifelong learners.
- 170 students, aged 3 to 7
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
- English-language teaching, complemented by French classes and francophone teachers
- Extensive extra-curricular programme
- Cafeteria, bus service and after school care available
- School hours Monday to Friday: 8.15 – 15:15 (Wednesdays: 8:15 to 12:15), Pre-reception finishes at 12:15 on Mondays and Fridays as well.
- Extended Support Programme for students with moderate to severe learning difficulties (limited places)
Outdoor Learning at Pregny
Our Early Years school at Pregny is surrounded by a wealth of nature, both within the school grounds and just outside, at the park of Château de Penthes and the Botanical Gardens.
We have several different playground areas, and in between these, an extensive grass playing field, two (very popular) large sandpits and a beautiful natural forest, complete with small hilly areas, wood chips underfoot to ensure gentle landings and shade provided by a wide variety of trees. Each class has its own garden plot containing a range of flowers and vegetables, depending on the season and the choice of the children.
With this wealth of natural resources at our fingertips, we believe that it is essential to maximise the children’s opportunities for learning outdoors. A number of our staff are trained in delivering Forest School sessions, which enable children to spend large amounts of time in the outdoors, no matter the weather!
As we look ahead to the future, we are one of the first schools in Switzerland to be accredited by the Eco Schools programme. Learning to care for the environment is a key feature in our curriculum. As we are fortunate to have such natural surroundings, we strive to ensure that the children take responsibility for themselves, for others and for our planet.