The International School of Geneva is a non-selective establishment that welcomes all children whose needs can be met by our programmes.
Our school is just a few clicks away
- Consult our brochure
- Discover our programmes
- Visit our campuses in person / virtual tours
- Consult our fees
- Read our General & Financial Conditions 2017-2018
- Read our Admissions process below
- Browse through the list of our Frequently Asked Questions
I do not have an Ecolint web account yet
Create an account
I already have an Ecolint web account
An application for admission is made online and can be submitted at any time for the current or any future academic year.
New students can join the school throughout the school year up to May 1st, subject to availability of places.
1. Required documents
In order to enable us to process an application and for the Principals to make the applicant’s assessment please include the following:
- Recent passport size photo
- Proof of date of birth (photocopy) for applicants up to and including age 5 (child turning 5 on 31st August of desired entry year)
- Copies of the end of year school reports for the last 2 years (in English or French)
- Copy of the current year school reports (if applicable)
- Essay: a brief handwritten description by the child of himself/herself and his/her interests - without assistance, or
- A recent drawing (self-portrait), if the child cannot write yet, with his/her name underneath
- Online payment of the application fee of CHF 250.- (see "Tuition & fees")
2. Admission criteria
All applications are considered individually, taking into consideration the following factors:
- Placement in present school
- Previous changes during the applicant’s education
- Languages spoken
- Final goals of the applicant
- Level of maturity and age*
*Age: for years Pre-Reception, Reception and Year 1, Principals will apply the August 31st “cut-off” date strictly.
The Principals may ask for further information or to see the applicant.
3. Offer of places for an entry date in September
Places will be offered by the Admissions Office by telephone or e-mail from February/March (after the re-enrolment of our current students) to the end of August.
Following the acceptance of a place by the parents, a contract is sent by the Admissions office. The place is secured upon receipt of the enrolment contract signed by the parents and of the payment of the Registration Fee and the Capital Development Fund Fee (see "Tuition & Fees").
You can find an electronic version of our prospectus here. If you would like a paper copy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be delighted to send you one.