For the school year 2023-34 Ecolint will make available two scholarships for an entry in Year 10, 11, or 12, for either an Anglophone or Francophone route. Only applications fulfilling the below requirements will be considered.
Ecolint is most grateful to all donors who have supported this initiative. Thanks to the many members of our community, we are able to offer this unique opportunity to two young people.
Nature of the scholarship programme
Creating opportunities for tomorrow's global citizens and leaders.
Students wishing to apply for a scholarship should fulfil the following requirements:
Alignment with the school’s mission: the applicant believes in the vision and mission of Ecolint and demonstrates the relevant set of basic attitudes to be trained as a future global citizen and leader.
Chance of success: the applicant has a high chance of succeeding at Ecolint and has the appropriate language skills in either French or English.
Guardian support: parents and/or guardians play a critical role in their child’s education. They work collaboratively with the school to ensure that the child’s needs are met. The applicant's home environment should demonstrate that the appropriate adjustments can be made where necessary to allow for a suitable setting for learning.
Academic excellence: demonstrated ability to perform, achieve, and/or excel in scholastic activities.
Eligibility of residence: the applicant must have the right to study in Switzerland.
Financial situation: Applicants will need to prove their financial need using our stipulated thresholds:
- Families living in Switzerland: a family (two adults and one child or more) earning under CHF 71,500 per annum or in the case of only one parent/guardian (with one child or more), CHF 41,000.
- Families living in other countries will be assessed case by case according to the United Nations Human Poverty Index.
Age: The applicant is within the age range determined for the entrance year group. One year age exceptions may be considered on a case by case basis.
Application steps and timeline
> Step 1: if you fulfil the eligibility requirements mentioned above, please write to Kate Friend (firstname.lastname@example.org), attaching the following documents:
- Handwritten letter from the student stating their motivations
- Reports from previous schools
- Proof of financial situation
> Step 2: once these first requirements are approved, you will be instructed to submit an online application prior to 17 December 2022
> Step 3: applications will be reviewed in Term 2
> Step 4: offers will be made by April 1 2023.
- Files will be examined by the Scholarship selection committee.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo the entrance requirements process (see below).
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview with members of the scholarship selection committee and Principal of the school to which they are applying.
Entrance requirements for shortlisted candidates
CEM testing (administered at school): helps the school gather an objective perspective of students’ strengths and weaknesses and see how they are likely to perform in the future.
General social skills (administered at school): the Social Skills Improvement System (SSIS) rating scales enable targeted assessment of individuals and small groups to help evaluate social skills, problem behaviours, and academic competence.
Attend an outdoor group activity: assessing social cohesion, adaptability, willingness to engage as a team player, being a risk taker, etc.
Taster day: any shortlisted candidate will be welcome at school for one day.
Availability of place: the required campus would need to have the space available to accommodate the student.
Costs covered by funding
- School fees
- Any exam fees (IGCSE, SAT etc)
- Any cost related to university preparation (e.g. portfolio for art courses)
- Compulsory trips
- Transport* or public transport travel pass
- Allowance for Extra Curricular Activity
- School material (PE Kit, Lab coat, notebooks, pens etc)*
- Pocket money/social allowance*
- Additional discretionary expenses*
*According to the needs of the applicant and to be discussed and agreed to by the Principal, the Admissions Office contact person and Parrain/Marraine of the campus.
Once enrolled the student is subject to the same General and Financial Conditions including adherence to the school rules, as for all other Ecolint students. Ecolint is responsible for respecting the financial aspects of these conditions.