Teacher of IB Mathematics
Founded in 1924, the Ecole Internationale de Genève (Ecolint) welcomes 4,500 students aged 3 to 18, representing more than 130 nationalities. Our 1,250 staff from all over the world work on our three campuses (La Grande Boissière and Campus des Nations in Geneva, La Châtaigneraie in the canton of Vaud).
In our 7 schools, our students benefit from international teaching and bilingual supervision of the highest quality.
To fulfil our mission of "Educating students to be global citizens with the courage and capacity to create a just and joyful tomorrow together", every member of staff can draw inspiration from our hundred years of experience, our constant drive to innovate, and our strong humanitarian values. Through our Ecolint Institute, we are committed to provide our staff with excellent professional development opportunities.
La Grande Boissière (LGB) campus is centrally located in Geneva and blends a mix of 18th Century buildings with cutting edge STEM and Arts facilities. The bilingual (French and English) campus is home to close to 1,900 students across the Primary, Middle and Secondary Schools. Our unique Universal Learning Programme, co-designed with UNESCO’s International Bureau of Education, seeks to anchor learning in deep conceptual understanding and the assessment of Ecolint’s global competences, to ensure that the outcome of learning makes some positive social impact.
La Grande Boissière (Secondary)
Teacher of IB Mathematics
Full-time – 24 Periods
- To be an advocate for student wellbeing and a holistic educator with a keen willingness to be a student mentor and involved in our pastoral care system
- Enthusiasm and creativity with a passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve the highest possible standards for all students
- A passion for engaging concept-based learning strategies
- An excellent understanding of mathematics and how students learn mathematics
- A willingness to teach across all age ranges (11 to 18 yrs old),
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of the importance of pastoral care within a school, with a desire to take an active role in our Mentor system
- Excellent understanding and use of ICT in the classroom.
- Willingness to contribute to enrichment activities such as supervision of Extended Essays and department field trips
- Excellent classroom management and organisational skills
- A drive to engage with the development of the Mathematics department by supporting the Head of Department
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- The successful candidate must be fluent in English
- Experience of teaching IB Diploma Programme or equivalent is essential
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV , three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Jonathan Halden, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière Campus by 8th December 2023 mentioning the reference number 340 356.
The Ecole Internationale de Genève values and encourages diversity among its staff. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous checks on their prior conduct with regard to Child Protection as appropriate to their position, including reference checking with previous employers and the relevant authorities.