Social Media and Content Manager
Founded in 1924, the Ecole Internationale de Genève (Ecolint) welcomes 4,500 students aged 3 to 18, representing more than 130 nationalities. Our 1,250 staff from all over the world work on our three campuses (La Grande Boissière and Campus des Nations in Geneva, La Châtaigneraie in the canton of Vaud).
In our 7 schools, our students benefit from international teaching and bilingual supervision of the highest quality.
To fulfil our mission of "Educating students to be global citizens with the courage and capacity to create a just and joyful tomorrow together", every member of staff can draw inspiration from our hundred years of experience, our constant drive to innovate, and our strong humanitarian values. Through our Ecolint Institute, we are committed to provide our staff with excellent professional development opportunities.
Social Media and Content Manager
Full-time - 40 hours
- Working closely with the Head of Communications both strategically and operationally to manage Ecolint’s reputation, through the targeted delivery of content to the Foundation’s appropriate audiences.
- Planning and developing content in line with the Foundation’s mission, values and key messages.
- Being responsible for the Foundation’s online presence through the use of text, videos, and photos on Ecolint’s official social media platforms and on other digital platforms, including the various websites, e-magazine and newsletters.
- Driving the participation of staff, Board and leadership team members as brand ambassadors.
- Monitoring and evaluating our online presence through user expectation analysis and metrics.
- Creation of content and moderation of content scrupulously in line with our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and measures.
- Working on the assessment and development of strategic opportunities to drive future revenue and further grow Ecolint’s reputation and notoriety.
- Coordinate project work between the Campus Partners, Graphic Designer, Communication manager and Web Community Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time and with high quality.
- Ensure Ecolint’s content materials are compliant with the visual identity guidelines developed by the Communications department and other internal policies (e.g. use of images) and laws (e.g. copyright, photography).
- Write and place articles in relevant publications (primarily online) to promote initiatives related to the strategic plan and key messages in order to increase the profile of Ecolint, the Director General and leadership team.
- Participate as required in the execution of day-to-day communications priorities, including writing, translating and publishing.
- Educated to minimum Bachelor's degree level, ideally in a humanities or arts subject, or in communications and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience as a social media and content manager or a similar role in Communications/Public Relations, ideally in the field of education or similar non-profit organisations.
- A “digital native” with established expertise in:
- the use of digital marketing platforms, social media and mass mailing tools
- best practices for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn
- writing, creating and publishing to websites and social media
- competence with Microsoft, Google and Adobe suites
- management of high quality rich digital content (film, photography, e-brochures etc)
- strategic management of social media channels to grow audiences, drive reach and engagement, and manage the online community.
- A flair and sensitivity for language which enables the creation of clear, compelling and stylish prose, with sensitivity for the different media used (newsletter, social media, web content) and the needs of an audience whose first language is often neither English nor French.
- Has a genuine interest in staying on top of social media trends.
- Total fluency (C2 standard) in English and French, both oral and written.
- A thorough attention to linguistic, grammatical and typographical detail in English and French.
- A well-developed sense of aesthetics
- Sufficient gravitas and expertise to command credibility from experienced and highly educated colleagues and stakeholders, and the right mix of tact, diplomacy and self-confidence to ensure compliance with Ecolint and external rules (e.g. image rights) without damaging relationships.
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment, and work both on one’s own initiative and as part of a team, coupled with high personal standards and strong commitment to quality.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and open-minded.
- Excellent organisational skills, capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritise among them, demonstrated follow-through and ability to meet deadlines.
- The enthusiasm and ability to continue their own personal and professional development.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information. Flexibility and adaptability during unexpected events.
- A commitment to the values of Ecolint and a demonstrated fit with our mission.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online with their CV, three referees, of which one must be the current or most recent employer (who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview) and a covering letter addressed to Mrs Mary Parrinello, International School of Geneva, by September 27th 2023, mentioning the reference number 130 161.
The Ecole Internationale de Genève values and encourages diversity among its staff. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous checks on their prior conduct with regard to Child Protection as appropriate to their position, including reference checking with previous employers and the relevant authorities.