Welcome to La Grande Boissière Middle School!
Shona Wright - Principal
Our Middle School welcomes 550 students aged between 9 and 13, the age range between late childhood and early adolescence. Our role is to help them navigate this important passage and transition successfully to the secondary school system. Students are encouraged to become increasingly autonomous with the help of constructive and structured guidance.
We also strive to prepare our students to take maximum advantage of the bilingual offer available in Secondary School. We provide our students with strong language teaching in English and French, as well as giving all students the opportunity to study some subject content through both languages.
- 550 students, aged 9 to 13
- English-French bilingual options and co-teaching (see brochure)
- Extensive extra-curricular programme
- Cafeteria and bus service available
- School hours Monday to Friday: 8:15 – 15:30 (Wednesdays: 8:15 - 12:25)
- Extended Support Programme for students with moderate to severe learning difficulties (limited places)
I love the diversity of staff and students we have here that makes every day an enriching experience.
The best thing is that children are taught to think critically from a young age, are encouraged to work independently and in a team, and are afforded the opportunity to express their opinions.
I really like this school because I learn a lot. I especially like it because we are free and they trust us.
Below are just a few of the reasons we are proud of our school and our school community.
Please pay us a visit to find out more!