Examples: Environmental crisis management
Climate change policy and practice
Preservation of endangered species
The use and sharing of nuclear energy
2) Human Rights
Examples: The status of women / pornography
Religious / racial / political persecution
Refugees / immigration quotas/ human trafficking
Freedom of speech / press / internet
Emergency / anti-terrorism legislation
3) International Relations / Development
Examples: International aid / Third world debt
IMF/ Deficit reduction / Unemployment
Trade imbalances / Developing economies
Multinational trade agreements (TISA, TTIP)
Global economic and financial crisis management
4) International Security
Examples: The role of Security Council / General Assembly
Proliferation and development of chemical / nuclear weapons
Intelligence sharing and cooperation against terrorist organisations
Electronic surveillance / cyber-terrorism / electronic warfare
- Each delegation must submit a typed resolution which addresses one of the above themes, from the point of view of the delegation’s government.
- Resolutions must comply with the standard format (see model resolution): font size no smaller than 10pt. and one A4 page in length.
- The deadline for submission of resolutions is the 28th October.
- Resolutions should be saved electronically for eventual modification should they be selected.