Welcome to La Grande Boissière Secondary School!
Conrad Hughes – Principal
A springboard toward higher education and employment, Secondary School is where students realize and stretch their potential and make the best choices for their future. The ability to construct an individually tailored bilingual programme is a distinguishing feature of our school: most subjects at all levels are offered both in English and in French, and students can choose their language of instruction in almost any subject in either language.
Mentors provide academic support through small group work and play an important role in maintaining collaborative relationships between individual families and the school. The Guidance Department provides career advice and supports students throughout the application process to universities around the world.
- 770 students, aged 13 to 18
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and High School Certificate
- Bilingual à la carte: Almost every subject available in French or English.
- Extensive extra-curricular programme
- Cafeteria and bus service available
- School hours Monday to Friday: 8:15 – 15:30 (8:15 - 16:15 for Years 12 and 13)
- Extended Support Programme for students with moderate to severe learning difficulties (limited places)
The best thing is knowing I'm part of a community of over one hundred nationalities united by one culture of tolerance, democracy, and enthusiasm; what I see reflected in my students' faces every day.
At LGB, families will find a welcoming and supportive international community where parents and students are committed to creating a dynamic learning environment and a school with lots of spirit.
A day does not go by where I do not learn something new or experience a student's awe-inspiring talent in whatever field they excel at.
Below are just a few of the reasons we are proud of our school and our school community.
Please pay us a visit to find out more!