Welcome to La Châtaigneraie Primary School!
Jennifer Armstrong - Principal
Using the latest education technologies in our spacious classrooms, your child will follow the Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate. This innovative and demanding programme aims to educate curious learners, supporting their autonomy and competency both as individuals and as a part of a dynamic learning community. It is provided to all our students bilingually, in English and French, with a progressive approach to bilingualism.
- 600 students, aged 3 to 11
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
- Progressive English-French bilingual education (see brochure)
- Extensive extra-curricular programme
- Cafeteria, bus service and after school care available
- School hours Monday to Friday: 8.15 - 14:55 (Wednesdays: 8:15 to 12:00)
- Extended Support Programme for students with moderate to severe learning difficulties (limited places)
I like everything about this school and I like all the activities.
As a multicultural family ourselves having an environment where the children would feel stimulated and safe was a key decision making factor on Ecolint. A bilingual education is also one of the best things at the school. Perhaps the very best thing is the environment as both my kids LOVE the school and look forward to it every day. That is certainly testimony to a supportive and nurturing environment.
I feel lucky to be at La Châtaigneraie as I discovered the PYP, a programme that corresponds to my pedagogical convictions. The PYP focuses on the complete development of the children in order to allow both academic success and personal growth. The pedagogy is based on developing the curiosity, autonomy and sens of responsability, as well as different forms of “savoir-être” so the students can become lifelong learners.
Below are just a few of the reasons we are proud of our school and our school community.
Please pay us a visit to find out more!