Campus des Nations is the most recent campus in the International School of Geneva Foundation. Located in the heart of Geneva’s international quarter, this campus has quickly established itself as an educationally pioneering school committed to putting student learning at the centre of all its activities. Campus des Nations is proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School. Our programmes are based on the IB’s ‘Learner Profile’, a set of ideals that inspire, motivate and focus the work of the school and help students to become more thoughtful, moral, cultured and caring. Fostering these qualities is at the heart of all we do.
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Wellbeing Counsellor and Head of Years 10 & 11
Full-time – 40 Hour(s)
- Upholds the mission of the International School of Geneva ;
- Is student centred and approachable to students
- Models integrity, curiosity, responsibility, creativity, and respect for all persons as well as an appreciation for racial, cultural, and gender diversity ;
- Has a growth mindset and an ambition for personal and professional development as an educational leader.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in holistic care of students and socialises this with mentors
- Acts as a role model for mentors ;
- Ensures the holistic wellbeing of the students in their care ;
- Evaluate students' attributes and assist them in realising their objectives working closely with Homeroom mentors and the 1 to 1 interview system
- Establishes positive relationships with students, which, while recognizing the differing roles of adult and child, are characterised by mutual respect and good will ;
- Supports the Principal and Assistant Principals ;
- Takes an active role in Senior Leadership Meetings ;
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Must be able to work and communicate efficiently within a team consisting of the coordinator of CP/DP, examination secretary, support services, psychologist, university guidance and the administrative staff.
- Works with the mentor teams for years 10 and 11. This coordinating role precludes the possibility of having a mentor group.
- Ensures that there is clear communication between staff, students and parents ;
- Participates in the establishment and maintenance of an atmosphere of collegial support and adherence to professional standards
- Have a clear understanding of the Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and work within clear guidelines when dealing with students and the Educational Psychologist
- Organise the pastoral programme and counselling plan for their year groups
- The supervisor evaluates and works to improve mentoring of year 10 and 11 students through classroom visits, discussions with teachers, and other methods that are fair and consistent with the practices of the individual school.
- Master in Counselling preferred
- 2 to 5 years working as a Wellbeing Counsellor in a Secondary school
- Must achieve a Level 1 Google educator certificate before starting the role
- The ability to communicate in English and French (Candidate working towards a minimum of B1 equivalence for both languages is highly preferable)
Candidates are requested to apply online, attaching their CV, three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Jamie Williams, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations Campus by 8th June mentioning the reference number 410 250.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.