We are seeking to appoint from May 2020 a :
University & Career Counsellor
who will become part of our successful Secondary School. We are looking for someone who will be able to guide our Students from Year 10 to Year 13 on their future university or career path. Our students apply to different countries (65% to UK, 30% to USA, 25% to Canada, 15% to Netherlands, 10% to Switzerland, 10% to Ireland, 2% to Australia, 5% to other countries, e.g. recently South Africa, Namibia, Finland, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan) and need support and guidance from a counsellor who is familiar with applications within these geographical areas.
The Campus des Nations is vibrant and progressive, we are seeking to appoint a holistic, and student centred Counsellor who embodies these characteristics. If you would like to see more of what we do at Campus des Nations please visit our website on www.ecolint.ch.
- University guidance counselling for Secondary School students with particular emphasis on the UK, North American and European systems
- Working with students from Year 10 onwards with a focus on Y12 and 13 where all aspects of the university application process will be within the post holders remit.
- Holding individual meetings with all students, especially those in Years 11 to 13;
- Presenting to students and parents in Years 10 to 13;
- Meetings with parents in all year groups as requested;
- Managing statistics for management and governors;
- Hosting university representatives;
- Attending university information days/conferences;
- Providing information through the school website and guidance bulletin;
- Writing references and letters of recommendation for all students who apply to university;
- Providing supporting documentation, e.g. proof of graduation and predicted grades; Guidance over the summer for transition to university; and
- Supporting academic departments as requested.
- Extensive experience of university and careers counselling processes, ideally with experience on the UK, North American and European systems.
- Strong inter-personal and ICT skills
- English mother tongue with a good knowledge of French (or willingness to learn)
Candidates are required to apply online including a CV, a covering letter as well as 3 references, one of which must be your current employer, before 10th October, 2019 addressed to Mr Jamie Williams, Principal of Campus des Nations mentioning the reference 430 010.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.