To complete our team at Nations Secondary School, we are looking for a :
University & Career Guidance Counsellor
Part-time position (50%)
We are looking for someone who will be able to guide our Students from Year 10 to Year 13 on their future university or career path. Our students apply to different countries (65% to UK, 30% to USA, 25% to Canada, 15% to Netherlands, 10% to Switzerland, 10% to Ireland, 2% to Australia, 5% to other countries, e.g. recently South Africa, Namibia, Finland, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan) and need support and guidance from a counsellor who is familiar with applications within these geographical areas.
The Campus des Nations is vibrant and progressive, we are seeking to appoint a holistic, and student centred University and Career Guidance Counsellor who embodies these characteristics. If you would like to see more of what we do at Campus des Nations please visit our website on www.ecolint.ch.
- Working collaboratively with the full time Guidance Counsellor
- University guidance counselling for Secondary School students with particular emphasis on the UK, North American and European systems
- Working with students from Year 10 onwards with a focus on Y12 and 13 where all aspects of the university application process will be within the post holders remit
- Holding individual meetings with all students, especially those in Years 11 to 13
- Presenting to students and parents in Years 10 to 13
- Meetings with parents in all year groups as requested
- Managing statistics for management and governors
- Hosting university representatives
- Attending university information days/conferences
- Providing information through the school website and guidance bulletin
- Writing references and letters of recommendation for all students who apply to university
- Providing supporting documentation, e.g. proof of graduation and predicted grades
- Guidance over the summer for transition to university
- Supporting academic departments as requested
- Assisting in the organisation of careers education
- Assisting in the logistics of the year 11 ‘Intern week’
- A passion to learn / expand their knowledge and expertise in International University Guidance
- Energetic, passionate and student centered
- A keenness to work with others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent ICT skills, with experience of using databases
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in English (Common European Framework of Reference C2) with a good working knowledge of French
Candidates are required to apply on the link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mr Jamie Williams, Secondary School Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations, by March 2nd, 2020, mentioning the reference number 430 021.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.