The Campus La Châtaigneraie is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex, overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting a diverse population of students.
To complete our dynamic Theatre team, we are looking for an experienced and well qualified
TEACHER OF THEATRE
To join our department and help students to understand the world around them, preparing them for their future. We seek an enthusiastic teacher, able to inspire students through a variety of creative teaching styles and someone with excellent classroom management and organizational skills.
- To teach International Baccalaureate Diploma Theatre at Higher and Standard Level and experience in directing and producing theatre productions in various styles
- To deliver high quality theatre lessons
- To contribute to the teaching resources of the department
- To regularly assess the progress of students, record, and report those results to parents
- To be willing to collaborate closely with colleagues
- Ability to take leadership or offer support in staging productions, both scripted and devised
Professional experience required:
- Have experience of teaching IB Theatre
- Teaching students age Y7-13
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Be passionate about theatre
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A genuine interest in students and their well-being and progress
- High personal standards and high expectations of others
- French or English mother tongue with a good knowledge of the other language
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents
- Proven expertise in collaboratively directing and production shows
- Be passionate about theatre and inspire our students to be so as well;
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive to achieve the highest possible standards;
- A genuine interest in students and their well-being and progress;
- High personal standards and high expectations of others;
- French or English mother tongue with a good knowledge of the other language;
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents.
Candidates are required to apply on the link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mr. David Woods, Campus and Secondary Principal, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie by 28th of October 2019, mentioning the reference number 230 021.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.