To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Teacher of Science - Biology Specialty (6 periods to increase to 12 periods from the end of October)
- To teach science and biology to the 14-16 year age range
- To collaborate closely with colleagues
- To contribute to the teaching resources of the department
- To regularly assess the progress of students and record and report those results to parents
- To be a pastoral tutor or mentor to a class
- At least two years teaching experience in the 11-18 age range
- Native English speaker or C2 equivalent. A knowledge and understanding of French would be beneficial
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive: have a passion for teaching and learning with a drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A genuine interest in students and a caring, sensitive attitude to them: be an outstanding and inspirational teacher of students
- Be able to manage resources efficiently so that teaching and learning is effectively supported
- Ensure curriculum entitlement and progression is achieved for all students
- High personal standards and high expectations of others
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents
- Good ICT and technology skills
Candidates are requested to apply on the below link, attaching their CV , three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Conrad Hughes, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière Campus by 11th June 2021 mentioning the reference number 340 166.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.