To complete our team at Secondary School, we are looking for a:
Teacher of Science
- Teaching Middle Years Programme Science with specialism in Chemistry
- Teaching IBO Diploma Chemistry
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- Experience teaching IB Diploma Programme Chemistry and Middle Years Programme Science in an international setting is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of and experience with incorporating technology into teaching and laboratory activities
- Willingness to contribute to enrichment activities such as supervision of Extended Essays and department field trips
- An ability to teach in French / bilingualism is an advantage
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and creativity with a passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve the highest possible standards for all students
- A caring, sensitive attitude towards students: an outstanding and inspirational teacher
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and parents
- Experience and interest in developing science and specifically chemistry curricula
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Jamie Williams, Secondary Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations, by March 27th, 2019, mentioning the reference number 430 005.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.