Seeks for September 2019
Initial two-year contract
To complete our team at the Secondary School, we are looking for a :
TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
Full-time (with possibility to make it part-time)
- To efficiently deliver the corresponding curriculum to students at all levels, up to IB DP.
- To play an active part in the department (13 teachers) and to collaborate with colleagues in terms of curriculm developpment and production of new teaching resources.
- Engage with and potentially lead the integration of technology and STEM resources in the teaching of Mathematics.
- A University degree in (pure or applied) Mathematics is desired, but consideration will be given to graduates in other fields.
- Experience of teaching the IB Diploma Programme for at least 2 years is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in using technology in Mathematics (graphics calculator, software, apps, interactive whiteboards).
- Ability to teach coding would be an asset.
- Fluency in English or French, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Candidates are required to apply on our link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Dr Conrad Hughes, Campus and Secondary Principal, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière, by 1st March 2019, mentioning the reference number 340 011
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.