The Campus La Châtaigneraie is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex, overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting a diverse population of students.
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Teacher of Lower School Science - 1 year contract
Full-time – 24 Period(s)
- To teach general science to the 11-13 age range
- To (possibly) teach IGCSE biology
- To collaborate closely with colleagues
- To contribute to the teaching resources of the department
- To regularly assess the progress of students and record and report those results to parents
- To be a pastoral tutor to a class
- At least two years teaching experience in the 11-13 age range
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive: have a passion for teaching and learning with a drive to Achieve the highest possible standards
- A genuine interest in students and a caring, sensitive attitude to them: be an outstanding and inspirational teacher of students
- Be able to manage resources efficiently so that teaching and learning is effectively supported
- Ensure curriculum entitlement and progression is achieved for all students
- High personal standards and high expectations of others
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents
- Good ICT skills
- Fluent in English (fluency in the French language would be beneficial).
Candidates are required to apply on the link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to David Woods, International School of Geneva, Campus La Châtaigneraie before 2nd April 2020 mentioning the reference number 230 050
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.