To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Teacher of English - Language A
Full-time - 24 periods of 45 minutes
The successful candidate will be able to teach MYP and DP English classes, with a high degree of professionalism in teaching and assessment practices who is able to provide differentiated and engaging instruction to a multinational student cohort. The chosen candidate will also be required to take a mentor group in the MYP.
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Student centred
- A willingness to be a mentor and take an active role in the pastoral care of students
- A passion for world literature
- Committed to concept-based education
- Committed to the welfare of the students, has experience and interest in pastoral care
- Has strong working knowledge of the curriculum of the International Baccalaureate(IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP)
- A teaching qualification and a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in English is required
- Fully fluent in English with a working knowledge or desire to develop fluency in French
- IT competent - Google Level 1 desirable
- Willing and flexible approach in meeting the needs of the department
- Able to or experienced in teaching Drama desirable
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV, contact details of three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Mr Jamie Williams, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations Campus by the 26th january 2023, mentioning the reference number 410 791.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.