To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Teacher of English and/or Head of Department
Full-time – 24 Period(s)
- We are seeking an enthusiastic English Teacher to complete our English team and help our students in the secondary school develop a lifelong enjoyment of literature and the tools to express themselves with accuracy and flair in their use of the English language
- To teach English A, intermediate and B to 11-18 year olds, including the IB Diploma Programme for English A
- To regularly assess the progress of students and record and report those results to parents
- To ensure curriculum entitlement and progression is achieved for all students
- To collaborate closely with colleagues in the department to develop the teaching and examination resources in the department and contribute to curriculum enrichment
- All aspects of leadership of a dynamic and skilled English Department. Development of a culture of inspiration, enjoyment and success
- Position to be combined with a teaching role. The post carries a level 4 responsibility allowance and 4 periods of decharge
- Experience of teaching the IB Diploma Programme for English A or equivalent
- Knowledge of the IB programmes in English Language and Literature, and Language B
- A recognised teaching qualification at graduate or postgraduate level
- English native tongue; working knowledge of French
- A passion for teaching and learning with a drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A genuine interest in students, with a caring sensitive attitude towards them and to cultural variance
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
- Experience in TOK would also be an asset
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Conrad Hughes, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière Campus by 7th November 2021 mentioning the reference number 340 196.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.