Campus des Nations
Seeks for 28th August, 2023
The International School of Geneva has an excellent reputation for the quality of its education and its diverse multicultural environment. Its success is mainly due to the openness and commitment of all its employees.
To complete our team at Secondary School, we are looking for a
TEACHER OF DRAMA
Part-time: 16 to 20 periods per week
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Teach drama in the secondary school, focusing on years 7-11, within the context of an MYP curriculum.
- The post holder will report to the Head of Arts.
- The successful applicant will have a recognized teaching qualification at graduate or postgraduate level,
- Willing to a mentor and an active staff member in terms of pastoral care
- Willing to be involved in the organisation and production of theatre productions in the school community
- Vision for the department and the interlinking nature of the arts with other disciplines.
- Used to working in teams, as some of their classes may be shared with a colleague.
- The successful applicant will also be able to demonstrate an ability to plan, deliver and evaluate drama lessons which stimulate and motivate students.
- Knowledge or experience in technical theatre would be an advantage.
- Degree and teaching qualifications equivalent to PGCE
- English mother tongue with the ability to speak French
- ICT skills: google level one
- Willingness or ability to speak / learn French to a B1 level
Candidates are required to apply online with a current CV, the contact details of three referees, one of whom must be their current or most recent employer and a cover letter for the attention of Mr Jamie Williams, Secondary and Campus Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations, by January 27, 2023, reference number 410 123.
The International School of Geneva is committed to the protection and safety of its students; we rigorously check the employability of potential future collaborators
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.