To complete our team at Secondary School, we are looking for a:
Teacher of Design
Full-time - 24 periods (sick leave cover)
- Be responsible for planning, preparing and delivering engaging, challenging and fully inclusive Design lessons to Secondary School students (aged 11 to 18).
- Understand and have experience teaching engineering styled projects, programming, CAD, use of machinery and web design.
- A Design related degree and teaching qualification
- Experience teaching Design, Coding, Engineering, Robotics, or a related field in an international setting is an advantage
- Experience with teaching the IBO Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme would be an advantage
- A passion for transdisciplinary teaching and learning.
- Willingness to contribute to enrichment activities such as supervision of Extended Essays, after school clubs and department field trips
- English - French bilingualism is to be considered a substantial advantage
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and creativity with a passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve the highest possible standards for all students
- A caring, sensitive attitude towards students: an outstanding and inspirational teacher
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and parents
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mr Jamie Williams, Secondary Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations, by April 16th, 2021, mentioning the reference number 430 146.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its employees. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. The School is seriously committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children. All selected candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and authorities.