To complete our team at Campus des Nations School, we are looking for a:
Teacher and Head of mathematics department
Full-time - 40 hours
- Develop the Curriculum and ‘approaches to teaching’ of the department.
- Oversee and support the Professional Development of all the members of the department.
- Set strategic goals based on the Foundations Strategy.
- Teaching the Middle Years Programme, Careers Programme and Diploma Programme.
- Leading and coordinating the work of a team of mathematics teachers in promoting and monitoring the academic welfare of students from Y7 to Y13.
- Ensure that the department meets IBO, CIS and MSA regulations.
- Assist the Secondary Principal in carrying out the strategic plan of the school.
- Work closely with Learning Support Department to ensure all student needs are met.
- Ensure that all student's wellbeing is considered holistically
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- Experience teaching IB Diploma Programme and Middle Years Programme in an international setting is an advantage
- Create interesting and engaging lessons for students
- Promote peer to peer observations within and across departments
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of the importance of pastoral care within a school, with a desire to take an active role in our Mentor system
- Willingness to contribute to enrichment activities such as supervision of Extended Essays and department field trips
- Fluent English speaker. Good working knowledge of French is an advantage
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and creativity with a passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve the highest possible standards for all students
- A caring, sensitive attitude towards students: an outstanding and inspirational teacher
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and parents
- Experience and interest in developing math’s curricula
- Experience of running a department efficiently
Candidates are required to apply on the link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Jamie Williams, Secondary School Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations before January 6th, 2020 mentioning the reference number 430 015.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.