La Grande Boissière/ La Châtaigneraie/ Nations
Ecolint Camps Department
Seeks from 28th June 2021 to 13th August 2021
The International School of Geneva has an excellent reputation for the quality of its education and its diverse multicultural environment. Its success is mainly due to the openness and commitment of all its employees.
To complete our Foundation Summer Camps team, we are looking for a:
SUMMER CAMPS NURSE
Full-time: the role is 100% (40 hours per week).
(Up to 7 weeks work in total)
This role is part of the Foundation Camps programme, with vacancies on all three campuses for different weeks of the summer.
- Provide first aid and healthcare support for summer camp participants and staff in case of accidents, illnesses or other medical conditions
- Manage prescribed medicines and administer medicine if needed, in accordance with signed parental instructions. This may include emergency allergy medicines (such as Epi-pens)
- Take care of sick children as needed and arrange for further medical treatment or pick up by families as appropriate
Whilst it is not the primary responsibility of the role, given that the nature of the nursing role likely means a lot of "standby time", it is expected that candidates will also participate in supervision of children and generally "get stuck in" with other camp staff to ensure that the camps run smoothly and there is a fun and happy atmosphere for all participants.
- Experience working with children and young people, ideally in a school setting or equivalent
- Personable, kind, caring disposition
- Diploma of nurse level II or approved by the CRS
- Diploma of nurse in public / community health or complementary training in pediatric care a great advantage. “Droit de pratique” for canton of Vaud
- 4 - 5 years of professional experience outside the hospital environment
- Minimum 2 years working with children and teenagers
- Good knowledge of the local health network
- Perfectly bilingual French / English
- Autonomous with ease in contacts and networking
- Good administrative and computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Active listening, empathy
- Only Swiss or EU citizens are eligible for work permits for this role
Job-holder can enrol his or her children in the Ecolint Camp programme free of charge (when they are working on site) if relevant.
Candidates are required to apply online using the link below, providing their CV, the contact details of three referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, and a cover letter to the attention of Naïma HADDADI, Director of Camps, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière, via our website by the 15th February 2021, mentioning the reference number 019.
Only application via our website will be considered
Only candidates whose profiles match will be contacted.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.