SUMMER CAMPS COACHES – Gymnastics
Full-time: the role is 100% (40 hours per week) for up to 5 weeks in July and 1 week in August (6 weeks work in total). Specific working times will depend on specific activities and availability of successful candidates.
These roles are part of the Foundation Camps programme.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Work with Camp Director and other coaching staff to develop and deliver a one-week programme of activities for the Gymnastic Camp. Activities need to be educational in nature, but provide fun and enjoyment for participants (this is a holiday camp activity, not a school lesson).
- Run training so that children can evolve on various agrees with safely (Gym Beam, parallel bars, air track…)
- Set up warming and stretching routines
- Create a show that will be offered to the parents each Friday
- Supervise a group of up to 16 children aged 8-14 in the relevant activity, in combination with an assistant. This will include supervision of arrivals and departures (including attendance register), mealtimes, and structured free time activities, as well as the core activity.
- The Coach is responsible for the safety, pastoral care and wellbeing of the children in his or her charge at all times throughout the week of camps, aided by the assistant and other camp staff (Camp Coordinator, Camp Nurse).
- Experience working with children and young people, ideally in a school or holiday camp setting or equivalent.
- Personable, kind, caring disposition.
- Passion and knowledge for the subject of the camp, and the creativity, energy and enthusiasm to transmit that passion to young people of different levels of experience and ability.
- Recognized qualifications in related fields:
- Jeunesse et Sports Swiss Diploma
- First Aid Swiss Diploma
- Fluent in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Only Swiss or EU citizens are eligible for work permits for this role
Other relevant information:
- Job-holder can enrol his or her children in the Summer Camp programme free of charge (when they are working on site) if relevant.
- We don’t provide accommodation for the staff.
Candidates are required to send their CV with three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a cover letter to the attention of Mrs Naïma HADDADI, Director of Camps, International School of Geneva by March 31st 2023, mentioning the reference number 06.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.