La Grande Boissière/ La Châtaigneraie/ Nations
Summer Camps Department
Seeks from 1st July 2019 to 16th August 2019
To complete our Foundation Summer Camps team, we are looking for:
Full-time: the role is 100% (40 hours per week) for up to 4 weeks in July and two weeks in August (6 weeks work in total). Specific working times will depend on specific activities and availability of successful candidates.
These roles are part of the Foundation Camps programme.
Main responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Work with Camp Director and other coaching staff to develop and deliver a one-week programme of activities for the Camp. Activities need to be educational in nature, but provide fun and enjoyment for participants (this is a holiday camp activity, not a school lesson).
- Supervise a group of up to 16 children aged 5-14 in the relevant activity, in combination with an assistant. This will include supervision of arrivals and departures (including attendance register), mealtimes, and structured free time activities such as water fun, as well as the core activity.
- The Coach is responsibility for the safety, pastoral care and wellbeing of the children in his or her charge at all times throughout the week of camps, aided by the assistant and other camp staff (Camp Coordinator, Camp Nurse).
- Experience working with children and young people, ideally in a school or holiday camp setting or equivalent.
- Personable, kind, caring disposition.
- Passion and knowledge for the subject of the camp, and the creativity, energy and enthusiasm to transmit that passion to young people of different levels of experience and ability.
- Recognized qualifications in related fields:
- Jeunesse et Sports Swiss Diploma
- First Aid Swiss Diploma
- French or English mother tongue with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Other relevant information:
- Job-holder can enrol his or her children in the Summer Camp programme free of charge (when they are working on site) if relevant.
Candidates are required to send their CV with three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a cover letter to the attention of Mrs Naïma Hadadi, Director of Camps, International School of Geneva, by clicking on the link below by 30th April 2019, entioning the reference number 023.
Only applications via our website will be considered
Only candidates whose profiles match will be contacted.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.