To complete our Foundation Summer Camps team, we are looking for:
SUMMER CAMPS ASSISTANTS – VARIOUS ACTIVITIES
Full-time: the role is 100% (40 hours per week) for up to 5 weeks in July and 2 weeks in August (7 weeks work in total). Specific working times will depend on specific activities and availability of successful candidates.
These roles are part of the Foundation Camps programme.
- Support Camp Coach in running an activity and supervision of a group of up to 16 children aged 5-14 taking part in one of the different activities offered at Ecolint Camps. This will include supervision of arrivals and departures (including attendance register), mealtimes, and structured free time activities, as well as the core activity.
- Whilst the Coach is responsible for the safety, pastoral care and wellbeing of the children in his or her charge at all times throughout the week of camps, the assistant plays an important role in supporting the Coach, and may be left to supervise the group whilst the Coach is otherwise engaged, or be asked to work directly with a part of the group.
- Be Aged of 18 years old minimum + experience working with children and young people, ideally in a school or holiday camp setting or equivalent.
- Personable, kind, caring disposition.
- Passion and knowledge for the subject of the camp, and the creativity, energy and enthusiasm to transmit that passion to young people of different levels of experience and ability.
- Recognized qualifications in related fields and/or pedagogy are an asset, though not necessarily required.
- Only Swiss or EU citizens are eligible for work permits for this role
Other relevant information:
Job-holder can enrol his or her children in the Summer Camp programme free of charge (when they are working on site) if relevant.
Candidates are required to apply online on our website, providing their CV, the contact details of three referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, and a cover letter to the attention of Mrs Naïma HADDADI, Director of Camps, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière, by the 15th February 2021 , mentioning the reference number 020.
Only application via our website will be considered
Only candidates whose profiles match will be contacted.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.