Seeks for 1st of September 2018 until August 2019
To complete our team at the Primary School, we are looking for a
STITCH & SEW ATELIER TEACHER / EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITY CULTURE & LEISURE
Part-time: Tuesdays from 15h15-16h15 for semester 1+2 2018-2019
Help primary students to make beautiful things using a needle and thread.
Teach primary students how to use a sewing machine safely and with care, teach to sew by hand, like embroidery stitches. Mix the sewing machine and embroidery together and decorate some items.
Teaching primary students: class year 4-6 (approx. age 9-11), max. 8 students.
- Extensive knowledge of cutting, sewing productions, and handling of all types of sewing equipment
- Highly skilled in cutting materials according to the defined patterns and designs and can operate any sewing machine
- Ability to handle different accessories of a sewing machine to produce fabrics by following the assorted stitching patterns
- Teach students between 9-11 years old about sewing and designing
- Take the responsibility of preparing the weekly lesson pertaining to designing, painting, stitching, and other tailoring arts
- Demonstrate expertise in needle work and teach students the different types of combinations of colours and textures
- Several years of experience in teaching students, ideally worked in the past with other schools
- Positive, enthusiastic, respectful and communicative attitude
- Ability to relate well to children
- Fluent in English and French
Candidates are invited to submit a CV including three references that may be followed up at the point of interview and a covering letter to the attention of Mrs Tania Dutton, Culture & Leisure Extra Curricular Activity, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie, via the link below by 1st April 2018, mentioning the reference number 220 075.
Only applications via our website will be accepted
The International School of Geneva is committed to the protection and safety of its students, we rigorously check the employability of potential future collaborators.