Seeks for immediate appointment for this academic year
The Campus La Châtaigneraie is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex, overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting a diverse population of students.
To complete our ESP team, we are looking for a
Part-time (50%, 16 hours per week/37 weeks)
The Extended Support Programme is designed for children with moderate to severe learning difficulties.
Each ESP student has a place in the regular mainstream classroom but may spend significant amounts of time in the extended support structure being taught individually or as a member of a very small group. With a high staff:student ratio of 1:2, the programme offers an individually tailored timetable designed specifically to meet the personal learning needs of these students who are selected, taking into account their personal profile and the composition/profile of others currently enrolled in the programme.
- You will join a team of 4 people working with secondary school students with severe needs
- Work with individual students, or very small groups, in the mainstream and/or the ESP classroom in collaboration with other ESP assistants, under the supervision of the ESP teacher
- Use adequate tools to contribute to the social and emotional development of the ESP students
- Plan activities/lessons according to IEP goals, with appropriately adapted or modified pedagogical material
- Provide appropriate and specific feedback to the ESP teacher or class teacher on student achievement
- Follow an individualised educational plan
- Regular communication with and feedback to parents
- Appropriate training/qualification in Special Educational needs instruction
- Knowledge and experience in working with students who need to follow the ASDAN programme
- Training and experience in using TEACHH, PECs and ABA
- Experience with students with severe ASD
- English or French mother tongue, with a good command of the other language
- Very good organizational skills, sense of initiative and ability to collaborate with subject teachers in order to facilitate student access to the curriculum
- Open-mindedness, ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and communicate with the various individuals in the school
- Flexibility with working hours
Candidates are required to apply on our link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mrs Laurence Lampert de Bosset, Head of LS & ESP, International School of Geneva, Campus La Châtaigneraie before 28th of February 2019 mentioning the reference number 230 008
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.