Seeks for September 2019 for a 2 year contract
We are seeking outstanding Teachers for our Primary classrooms. The ideal candidates can support the development and learning of children in a caring, stimulating and creative environment. We are looking for candidates with the right balance between training, experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching.
Située dans le pittoresque commun de Founex, près de Genève, l'école est logée dans un bâtiment moderne conçu pour soutenir et favoriser l'apprentissage de ses élèves.
PRIMARY TEACHER/ PROFESSEUR PRIMAIRE BILINGUE
(enseignement en langue français) Full-time
- Plan, execute and evaluate all aspects of teaching and learning so as to reflect the central principles of the IB Primary Years Programme
- Collaborer avec des collègues, des élèves et pour mener les projets de recherche de la communauté de recherche
- Ascertain the holistic and specific learning needs of the students based on effective and ongoing evaluation of the child, and plan for his/her learning using differentiated tools, strategies and resources
- Participe de tout cœur aux événements communautaires, même en dehors des heures de classe, afin de développer un fort sentiment d'appartenance à la communauté
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to continued professional learning
Professional experience required:
- Internationally recognized teaching certification with at least three years of experience in having full responsibility for a class
- Expérience de travail dans un environnement multilingue et mise en œuvre d'un programme bilingue
- Have training and experience in the IB Primary Years Programme and/or other innovative child-centered pedagogies (i.e., The Reggio Approach)
- Expérience de travail dans une école internationale
Personal attributes required:
Ability to work as an effective and collaborative team member
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive: have a passion for teaching and learning with a drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A demonstrated passion taking on new challenges, serving in different teaching roles and with different age groups
- Compétences dans la gestion des ressources et dans leur emploi pour mieux soutenir l’enseignement et l’apprentissage;
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people;
- Have an ability to teach students in both French and English; (Niveau C2 en français exigé)
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents.
Candidates are required to apply on our link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer that may be followed at the point of interview and a cover letter to the attention of Mrs. Jennifer Armstrong, Primary School Principal, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie, by 17th of May 2019 mentioning the reference number 220 012.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.