To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Full-time – 29 Period(s)
- We seek an outstanding teacher to join our Primary School team and in particular, an individual who is trained and experienced in a dual language IB PYP structure. The ideal candidate is able to assume either classroom or language teaching responsibilities and welcomes opportunities to continue growing throughout their career in a variety of ways across the depth and breadth of a busy and vibrant school. We seek a teacher who is focused on and passionate about the development, growth and learning of children in a caring, stimulating and creative environment.
- Plan, execute and evaluate all aspects of teaching and learning so as to reflect the central principles of the IB Primary Years Programme
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to support student learning in the units of inquiry
- Ascertain the holistic and specific learning needs of the students based on effective and ongoing evaluation of the child, and plan for his/her learning using differentiated tools, strategies and resources
- Contribute wholeheartedly in community events, even those outside the regular school hours, in order to contribute to the strong sense of belonging shared within our community
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to continued professional learning
- Internationally recognized teaching certification with at least three years of experience in having full responsibility for a class
- Experience working in a multilingual environment and a dual language programme
- Have training and experience in the IB Primary Years Programme and/or other innovative child-centred pedagogies (i.e., Reggio -inspired Learning)
- Experience working in an international school as either a class teacher and as a language teacher
- Ability to work as an effective and collaborative team member
- Excellent classroom management and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive: have a passion for teaching and learning with a drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A demonstrated passion to take on new challenges, serve in different teaching roles and with different age groups
- Skills in managing resources and using them to better support teaching and learning
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Have an ability to teach students in both French and English
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Jennifer Armstrong, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie Campus by 20th May 2022 mentioning the reference number 220 284.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.