Seeks for September 2019
The Campus La Châtaigneraie is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex, overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting a diverse population of students
To complete our team, we are looking for a
ODYSSEY OF THE MIND COACH/ EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITY CULTURE & LEISURE
Work day and time is fix: Thursdays from 15h15-16h45
- be a skilled teacher, comfortable
- demonstrate an affinity to working with students and open to collaborations with colleagues
- We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic Odyssey of the Mind coach to support our OOTM students
- Odyssey of the Mind is an international programme where teams of 5-7 students creatively solve a diverse range of challenges.
- Participating students develop real-life leadership, teamwork, project management, communication and brainstorming skills.
- Each year, five long-term problems are loosely defined. Teams choose one from the categories of mechanical/vehicle, technical, classics, structure or performance. They work throughout the year to develop a solution in the form of a stage performance, which they present in competitions.
- Teams also practice solving a variety of spontaneous problems.
- Odyssey of the Mind is hands-on for kids and hands-off for adults – teams think up, design, construct and perform their own ideas.
- Teaching language: English
- Responsible for preparing the weekly lesson including buying the material to work with.
- Collaborate with other OOTM coaches and attend coaches meetings
- Participate to 3-4 tournaments per school year.
- Several years of experience in teaching students, ideally worked in the past with other schools
- Familiar with Odyssey of the Mind programme
- Positive, enthusiastic, respectful and communicative attitude
- Ability to relate well to children
- Fluent in English and basic knowledge in French
Candidates are required to apply on our link below here by sending a current CV, the contact details of three referees, one of whom must be their current or most recent employer and a cover letter for the attention of Mrs Tania Dutton, Culture &Leisure Extra Curricular Activity, Campus of La Châtaigneraie, by 30th of May 2019 quoting reference number 200 011.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.