Seeks for 30th August 2021
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
MYP Teacher Individuals & Societies
Part-time – 10 periods of 1 hour per week / 36 weeks
- To join the Humanities Department and help students to understand the world around them, preparing them for their future. The teacher will be able to inspire students through a variety of creative teaching styles and someone with excellent classroom management and organizational skills.
- To be willing to team teach classes and collaborate closely with colleagues
- Experience of teaching integrated MYP Individuals and Societies from MYP 1 to MYP 3 (History and Geography).
- Ability to teach in either French or English, good command of the other language a must
- Proficient ICT skills such as being a Google Educator Level 1 as we are a school that uses G Suite for Education as our core digital tools.
- To contribute to the teaching resources of the department
- To regularly assess the progress of students and record and report those results to parent
- To ensure curriculum entitlement and progression is achieved for all students
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in a number of international settings
- Experience of working in an international school
- Be passionate about their subject and inspire our students to be so as well
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A genuine interest in students and their well-being and progress
- Be an outstanding and inspirational teacher of students throughout the Middle school age range
- Be able manage resources efficiently so that teaching and learning is effectively supported
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV, three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Alexandra Conchard, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie Campus by 24th May 2021 mentioning the reference number 230 154.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.