We are seeking to appoint from September 2019 an outstanding replacement classroom practitioner who will become part of a successful Individuals and Societies Department. We are looking for someone who can be flexible and is willing to be called upon to undertake replacement lessons for department member when they are absent. The student body is comprised of a diverse range of abilities and therefore the skill of differentiation is crucial. As the school embraces technology having a good level of ICT and understanding how to apply it in the classroom in dynamic ways is essential. The department organises a number of extracurricular trips and we seek to employ someone who will embrace the wider life of the school. The Individuals and Societies department at Campus des Nations is vibrant and progressive and we are seeking to appoint a teacher who embodies these characteristics. If you would like to see more of what we do in the department please visit our website www.nationsinsoc.org
- Is a qualified teacher with at least two years of experience.
- Experience of teaching integrated MYP Individuals and Societies from MYP 1 to MYP 5 (history, geography and economics).
- Can speak and work fluently in English.
- Proficient ICT skills such as being a Google Educator Level 1 as we are a school that uses G Suite for Education as our core digital tools.
- Experience of teaching in a number of international settings.
- Experience of teaching students with a range of academic and linguistic abilities.
- Has a good understanding of French.
Candidates are required to apply online by addressing a CV and, a covering letter together with 3 references one of which being of your current employer, before 20th September, 2019 to Mr Jamie Williams, Principal of Campus des Nations mentioning the reference 430 009.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.