To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Head of Professional Studies
Full-time – 40 Hour(s)
- Alignment of PGCE curriculum with the mission and vision of the Foundation, the Institute of Learning and Teaching and recent research in education
- Promotion, recruitment and interviewing of PGCE candidates
- The PGCE (International) trainees, associated members of staff (2-3) and all aspects of the course, professional and pastoral
Person Specification Qualifications
- Master’s in Education or related discipline
- Experience in teacher training
- Experience in international education
- Recognised postgraduate qualification in teaching
- Track record of engagement with educational research
- Native English, full proficiency in French
- PhD in Education or a related discipline
- Knowledge of all four IB Programmes
- A successful track record in informal leadership, motivating teams and individuals, in delegating, and in holding individuals to account.
Disposition, attributes and behaviours
- Energy, dynamism, determination, professionalism, flexibility
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Self-sufficient, independent, flexible, resourceful and able to meet deadlines
- Able to show initiative and innovate while assuring compliance with agreed procedures
- IT literate and experience in worthwhile use of technology for learning
- Sincere respect and understanding of cultural differences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoys a sense of humour
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Mrs Karen Taylor, International School of Geneva, Campus by 7th January 2022 mentioning the reference number 0 212.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.