To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Head of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations
Full-time – 40 Hours
- Construct strategy for and lead execution of annual giving fundraising campaigns, events, and stewardship activities that create meaningful connections and build donor relationships with the Foundation to secure, retain and grow annual support.
- Build connection and grow relationship between the Foundation and its more than 30,000 alumni.
- Manage all aspects of the Alumni Relations program that includes supporting Alumni Associations, Councils, Trusts and Chapters, coordinating the process of identifying and tracking alumni, overseeing the targeted cultivation and solicitation of alumni; developing fundraising and friendraising events (benefits, receptions, reunions, and the like).
- Ensure strategic communication with alumni via e-newsletters, Web pages, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other vehicles as appropriate.
- Develop and lead stewardship plan for donor recognition, including timely outreach, mailings, calls and events related to acknowledgement beyond the expected tax letter. Engage Foundation staff, Foundation leadership and volunteer leadership in execution as appropriate.
- Collaborate with marketing and communication department to create marketing materials and content that align with the case for support and manage production of annual giving materials across a variety of media including print, digital and social media channels, ensuring projects meet required timelines and specifications. Include communication and materials for fundraising and engagement efforts, such as the Annual Report, newsletters, donors and prospect electronic and print appeals, and website content. Serve as Foundation and Alumni liaison to campus principals and other directors.
- Ensure all Development Office and Alumni Relations communications: web and other electronic, press and broadcast media, print and other are consistent, in line with Institutional policies and support fundraising objectives.
- Coach, develop and motivate people within the department and across the foundation.
- Between 6-10 years of relevant work experience
- Very good interpersonal skills with team-spirit
- Effective organisational skills in order to support a department
- Strong creative thinking skills
- Self-reflective and able to solve complex problems
- Good decision-making skills and able to accept responsibilities
- Able to establish organisational objectives and assign responsibilities
- Capable to manage a number of projects with minimum supervision at a time
- Detail oriented because deals with large volumes of data, including lists of people’s names and phone numbers, and must comply with regulations and internal policies
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills are needed in order to communicate the message of their organization so that people will make donations
Candidates are required to apply on the link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Antonello Barbaro, International School of Geneva, before 13th July 2020 mentioning the reference number 130 057
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.