To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Extended Support Teacher
50-100% – 9-18 Hours
- Coordinate the ESP programme and team (ESP assistants) for 8 students.
- Liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools to coordinate their contribution
- Create the curriculum and ILPs for the ESP students
- Guide parents and students with orientation for placement when students leave the school
- Ensure accurate and effective administration of all ESP matters
- Liaise closely with parents, LS team, school psychologists, subject teachers, mentors
- Raise awareness of ESP students’ needs, contributes to professional development of staff
- Teach a full-time timetable of 18 hours per week
- Work with teachers and staff to develop effective ways of bridging barriers to learning through: assessment of needs; monitoring of teaching quality and student achievement; maintaining a detailed recording system for progress
- Relevant university degree
- Evidence of a successful track record in providing learning support in the field of special needs and education
- Experience in running the ASDAN and other relevant ESP programmes
- Fluent in French and English
- An effective team player and communicator able to motivate and inspire trust, counsel and mediate
- Excellent administrative and IT skills
- Self-critical, curious, ethical
- Mental and emotional stamina and confidence to take and abide by informed decisions and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially listening, able to relate well to parents, staff and students
- Able to show initiative and innovate while assuring compliance with agreed procedures
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV , three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Soraya Sayed Hassen, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie Campus by 24th March 2023 mentioning the reference number 230 321.
Please indicate your ideal occupancy rate in your cover letter
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.