To complete our team at Campus des Nations, we are looking for a
Director of Professional Studies
This is a full-time post and the post-holder reports to the Director of Education.
In collaboration with the Director of Education, to lead Ecolint’s one-of-a-kind PGCE (International) teacher training programme so that the International School of Geneva retains and extends its excellent reputation as a school providing the highest quality evidence and research based preparation for international school educators and as a centre for innovation in pedagogy.
- Alignment of PGCE curriculum with the mission and vision of the Foundation and the Institute of Learning and Teaching
- Promotion, recruitment and interviewing of PGCE candidates
- The PGCE (International) trainees, associated members of staff (2-3) and all aspects of the course, professional and pastoral
- Coordination of the MA in International Education (Durham University)
- Master’s in Education
- Recognised postgraduate qualification in teaching
- Experience in teacher training
- Track record of engagement with educational research
- Native English, full proficiency in French
- PhD in Education or a related discipline
- Experience in international education
- Knowledge of all four IB Programmes
- A successful track record in informal leadership, motivating teams and individuals, in delegating, and in holding individuals to account.
Disposition, attributes and behaviours
- Able to develop innovative and meaningful approaches to learning and teaching and the drive to put them into practice
- Energy, dynamism, determination, professionalism, flexibility
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Self-sufficient, independent, flexible, resourceful and able to meet deadlines
- Able to show initiative and innovate while assuring compliance with agreed procedures
- IT literate and experience in worthwhile use of technology for learning
- Sincere respect and understanding of cultural differences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoys a sense of humour
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Dr. Karen Taylor, Director of Education, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations by January 15th, 2019, mentioning the reference number 400 003.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva is committed to the protection and safety of its students, we rigorously check the employability of potential future collaborators.