To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Part-time 15h/40h, Monday and Tuesday
Temporary contract for 5 months
The candidate will work with individual students and groups of students, parents, specialised staff and teachers to support students with personal and social developmental issues, academic difficulties, and other concerns. He/she will provide a wide array of services to children, ranging from assessment and diagnosis to crisis intervention and support.
- To work in collaboration with the teaching team, parents and families, in providing support and advice to students.
- To work closely with all Primary School staff to provide support and advice for inclusion.
- To work closely with students and the teaching team of Support Services (Learning Support and Extended Support Programme).
- To perform diagnostic assessments and recommend when necessary referrals to appropriate outside specialists.
- To liaise and work with outside specialists in the follow-up of specific situations.
- To provide programmes in class and small groups to support the social and emotional growth and development of students
- Master in Clinical Child and Adolescence Psychology
- A licence to practise psychology in Canton de Vaud is mandatory
- At least three 3 years’ experience working with children in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of local agencies /resources surrounding children’s issues in general and mental health in particular would be essential
- English or French mother tongue with an excellent working knowledge of the other language (level C1)
- Empathetic and rigorous
- Sensitive to diversity and multiculturalism
- Able to work well in teams
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their:
- licence to practise psychology in Canton de Vaud,
- three professional references from your Managers, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview
- a covering letter addressed to Jennifer Armstrong, International School of Geneva, Campus La Châtaigneraie before November 30th, 2022 mentioning the reference number 220 753.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.