La Grande Boissière/ La Châtaigneraie/ Nations
Ecolint Camps Department
Seeks for the half terms holidays 2021/2022
The International School of Geneva has an excellent reputation for the quality of its education and its diverse multicultural environment. Its success is mainly due to the openness and commitment of all its employees.
To complete our Foundation Summer Camps team, we are looking for:
Multisports COACHES – Multisports
Full-time: the role is 100% (40 hours per week) during the half term holidays. Specific working times will depend on specific activities and availability of successful candidates.
These roles are part of the Foundation Camps programme.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Work with Camp Director and other coaching staff to develop and deliver a one-week programme of activities for the Multisports Camp. Activities need to be educational in nature, but provide fun and enjoyment for participants (this is a holiday camp activity, not a school lesson).
- Run training so that children can evolve on different sports activities
- Set up warming and stretching routines
- Supervise a group of up to 24 children aged 7-13 in the relevant activity, in combination with the Head Coacht. This will include supervision of arrivals and departures (including attendance register), mealtimes, and structured free time activities, as well as the core activity.
- The Coach is responsible for the safety, pastoral care and wellbeing of the children in his or her charge at all times throughout the week of camps, aided by the assistant and other camp staff (Camp Coordinator, Camp Nurse).
- Experience working with children and young people, ideally in a school or holiday camp setting or equivalent.
- Personable, kind, caring disposition.
- Passion and knowledge for the subject of the camp, and the creativity, energy and enthusiasm to transmit that passion to young people of different levels of experience and ability.
- Recognized qualifications in related fields:
- Jeunesse et Sports Swiss Diploma or French BAPAAT or BPJEPS
- First Aid Swiss Diploma
- French or English mother tongue with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Only Swiss or EU citizens are eligible for work permits for this role
Other relevant information:
- Job-holder can enrol his or her children in the Summer Camp programme free of charge (when they are working on site) if relevant.
Candidates are required to send their CV with three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a cover letter to the attention of Mrs Naïma HADDADI, Director of Camps, International School of Geneva, via our website by the 1st october 2021, mentioning the reference number 0001.
Only application via our website will be considered
Only candidates whose profiles match will be contacted.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.