To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Bilingual English/French Language Teacher
Full-time – 29 Period(s). Sabbatical leave replacement from January 2024 until August 2025.
- Teach French/English as a first and additional language to primary school children as part of a team of teachers.
- Support the development and learning of children in a caring, stimulating and creative environment.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate learning experiences that support the work of students in their units of study, participating fully in pedagogical documentation related to this.
- Participate in regularly scheduled collaborative planning meetings with both class and other language teachers.
- Relevant university degree, language teaching qualification (CELTA, TEFL, or other equivalent).
- At least three years of demonstrated positive experience teaching primary school children in second language.
- Solid understanding of language development in young learners and ability to differentiate and scaffold language appropriately.
- Commitment to professional collaboration.
- Experience of process writing, reading and writing workshop approaches, and curriculum development.
- Bilingual English/French language teacher, able to teach in either language.
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV , three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Mirna Hafez Farah, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière Campus by 29th March 2023 mentioning the reference number 320 322.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.