To complete our team at Secondary School, we are looking for an
ASSISTANT LEVEL 3 FOR EXTENDED SUPPORT PROGRAMME
(Number of hours per week to be confirmed - 1 year-post renewable)
We are seeking to appoint a flexible and motivated Teaching Assistant with the experience and skills to support students with moderate to severe learning difficulties.
- Duties will include teaching and supporting small groups of students either in the ESP base or in the mainstream classroom under the direction of the Lead Teacher for the MYP ESP.
- The successful candidate will be confident supporting students specifically in Mathematics, Design Technology and French.
- Has a holistic approach to education.
- A willingness to be actively involved in the pastoral system of the school.
- Training, qualification and experience in Special Educational Needs instruction, including a multisensory approach to teaching;
- Experience in adapting the curriculum, according to individual student needs;
- Knowledge and experience of working with students on the autistic spectrum and dyslexia would be desirable;
- Setting of ILP targets
- Experience of supporting students to reach their ILP targets;
- Engaging in collaborative lesson planning and instructions.
- Fluency in both English and French would be an advantage;
- Confidence in the use of ICT (Google level 1 educator certification);
- Proactive and be able to use own initiative;
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations;
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively with a team of teachers, assistants, students, parents and therapists;
- Ability to support students with their social, emotional and pastoral needs including life skills, which are both school and community based.
Candidates are required to apply on the link below with a current CV, the contact details of three referees, one of whom must be their current or most recent employer and a cover letter for the attention of Mr. Jamie Williams, Secondary Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations, by April 10th 2020, mentioning the reference number 430 026.
Only application via our website will be accepted
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.