Seeks for 31st August 2020
The Campus La Châtaigneraie is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex, overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting a diverse population of students.
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
AFTER SCHOOL CARE/GARDERIE SUPERVISOR 17 hours/ week/ 36 weeks, temporary contract for 1 year
Part-time – 17 Hour(s)
- Supervise our Pre-reception students during the afternoons when they are attending our After School Care/ Garderie.
- Lead the planning and preparation of materials for creative activities for the students. These should include a variety of play-based, fine and gross motor activities both inside and outside the school building, and should reflect the pedagogical beliefs of the school and those considered exemplary for 3-4yr old children.
- Supervise the students as they set out their mats and enjoy a rest period following their lunch.
- Liaise with other ASC/ Garderie staff to make the best use of shared spaces and coordinate interactions amongst the younger and older students in the programme.
- Liaise with the Pre-reception class teachers/assistant to ensure a smooth transition and follow through between the classroom and ASC
- Act as a role model when interacting with others, both in manner and in the use of the schools’ two languages.
- Certification by an accredited body commensurate with the role of an Early Years teacher as defined by the Cantonal regulations, ideally someone with knowledge of/ experience in Reggio-inspired learning
- Experience working with 3-4 yr old children in an institutional setting
- English or French mother tongue with fluency in the other language
- Polite, friendly, helpful and with strengths in communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, and sense of initiative
- Sensitive to diversity and multilingual environments
- Proof of an understanding of and ability to respond to young children
- Capacity to work well in a team, flexible and at ease working with children
Candidates are required to apply with the below link by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Jennifer Armstrong, International School of Geneva, Campus La Châtaigneraie before 5 August 2020 mentioning the reference number 220 068
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.