The Campus La Châtaigneraie is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex, overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting a diverse population of students.
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT for COVERS 20 hours/ week mornings - 36 weeks
Part-time – 20 Hour(s)
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of secretarial and office functions relieving the Principal and other administrators of administrative functions as assigned
- Manages student's attendance (tracking attendance, responding to parents enquiries ....).
- Produces reports/lists from the school database
- Translations English to French as requested
- Communicates with administrators, personnel, parents, and others
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, documents and materials including privileged and sensitive data
- Develops and maintains data management, storage and retrieval systems
- Five years min of clerical experience involving record keeping and public contact.
- Graduation from commercial school or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in an international school would be an asset
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive
- Strong organizational skills and taking initiatives
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Capacity to adapt quickly to new IT developments
- Have an ability to work in French and English
- High personal standards and high expectations of others
- Professional tact, diplomacy and presentation with administrators, staff, teachers, students, parents and community members
- Ongoing requirement to be proactive and maintain a knowledge of changes in the functioning and processes of the school
Candidates are required to apply on the link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Alexandra Conchard, International School of Geneva, Campus La Châtaigneraie before 14th July 2020 mentioning the reference number 230 073
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.