The Campus La Châtaigneraie is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex, overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting a diverse population of students.
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Teacher of IB Economics and Humanities
Full-time as of 30th of August 2021
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Teacher of Economics and Humanities to join the department and help students to understand the world around them, preparing them for their future. The teacher will be able to inspire students through a variety of creative teaching styles and someone with excellent classroom management and organizational skills.
- The post holder will work in the Economics and Business Management team, which is part of the Humanities Department. The post may involve some Geography or History teaching.
- To teach International Baccalaureate Diploma Economics at Higher and Standard Level
- To be willing to team teach classes and collaborate closely with colleagues
- To contribute to the teaching resources of the department
- To regularly assess the progress of students and record and report those results to parent
- To ensure curriculum entitlement and progression is achieved for all students
- Extensive experience of teaching Economics at IB level
- Ability to teach Business Management at IB level a strong advantage
- Ability to teach History or Geography an advantage
- Knowledge of current trends and debates influencing the teaching of Economics
- Experience of working in an international school
- Be passionate about their subject and inspire our students to be so as well
- Enthusiasm, creativity and drive to achieve the highest possible standards
- A genuine interest in students and their well-being and progress
- Be an outstanding and inspirational teacher of students throughout the Secondary age range
- Be able manage resources efficiently so that teaching and learning is effectively supported
- Ability to work in English, knowledge of French a real advantage
- Willingness to play a wider part in the life of the school
- High personal standards and high expectations of others
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents
Candidates are required to apply on the link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Alexandra Conchard, International School of Geneva, Campus La Châtaigneraie before 29th November 2020 mentioning the reference number 230 077.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.