La Grande Boissière
Seeks for 28th August 2023
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Teacher of Humanities (History/Geography/Philosophy)
Part-time – 50-75%
- Teach History and Geography to Years 9 to 11
- Teach Philosophy to Year 11
- Teach Theory of Knowledge
- Play a pastoral role in mentor programme
- Support the school curricula (ULP and IB)
- Participate in all school and department activities, produced shared resources and align with department strategies
- Use school systems including Google classroom, ManageBAC, ISAMs
- Appropriate social science/humanities degree and teaching qualification
- Experienced teacher of humanities, ages 13-16
- A willingness to supervise social science Extended Essays is essential
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of history subject areas including multiple geographic regions, time periods and social groups
- Fully fluent in English; a willingness to learn French is important
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and creativity with a passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve the highest possible standards for all students
- A caring, sensitive attitude towards students: an outstanding and inspirational teacher
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and parents
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV , three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Conrad Hughes, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière Campus by 15th February 2023 mentioning the reference number 340 309.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.