To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Teacher of Finnish
Part-time 1 period in the WLP programme (World Language Programme)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Finnish Teacher for our WLP programme. The post holder will be a passionate and dynamic teacher, able to inspire students through a variety of creative teaching styles, teaching Finnish. The post holder is reporting to the WLP Coordinator.
- Teach Finnish as a foreign or native language to all levels.
- Attend regular Department meetings
- Regularly assess the progress of students and records and report those results to parents
- Strong experience of teaching Finnish to MYP, DP
- Experience in working for an international school
- Native or near-native proficiency in Finnish;
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills;
- Be able to manage resources efficiently so that teaching and learning is effectively supported;
- Have an ability to work in French and English;
- Ensure curriculum entitlement and progression is achieved for all students;
- Good communication skills with colleagues and parents.
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mrs Florence Dubrez, WLP Coordinator, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations, by November 25th 2022, mentioning the reference number 400 258.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.