Seeks from 28th June 2021 to 13th August 2021
To complete our Foundation Summer Camps team, we are looking for:
SUMMER CAMPS COACHES
VARIOUS ACTIVITIES: TECHNOLOGY/ROBOTICS – COOKERY – ADVENTURE CHALLENGE – GYMNASTICS – CREATIVE PLAY – MULTI-ACTIVITY – MULTI-SPORTS
Full-time: the role is 100% (40 hours per week) for up to 5 weeks in July and two weeks in August (7 weeks work in total). Specific working times will depend on specific activities and availability of successful candidates.
These roles are part of the Foundation Camps programme.
Main responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Work with Camp Director and other coaching staff to develop and deliver a one-week programme of activities for the Camp. Activities need to be educational in nature, but provide fun and enjoyment for participants (this is a holiday camp activity, not a school lesson).
- Supervise a group of up to 12 children aged 5-14 in the relevant activity, in combination with an assistant. This will include supervision of arrivals and departures (including attendance register), mealtimes, and structured free time activities as well as the core activity.
- The Coach is responsible for the safety, pastoral care and wellbeing of the children in his or her charge at all times throughout the week of camps, aided by the assistant and other camp staff (Camp Coordinator, Camp Nurse).
- Coaches Gymnastics: Run training so that children can evolve on the various agrees safely (Gym Beam, parallel bars, air track…)
- Set up warming and stretching routines
- Create a show that will be offered to the parents each Friday
- Coaches Adventure Challenge: Set up the following activities: orienteering, climbing, first aid in the open air, set up a camp for 1 or 2 nights, supervise the realization of the meals in full nature and give the bases of the survival in team.
- Experience working with children and young people, ideally in a school or holiday camp setting or equivalent.
- Personable, kind, caring disposition.
- Passion and knowledge for the subject of the camp, and the creativity, energy and enthusiasm to transmit that passion to young people of different levels of experience and ability.
- Recognized qualifications in related fields:
- Jeunesse et Sports Swiss Diploma
- First Aid Swiss Diploma
- French or English mother tongue with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Only Swiss or EU citizens are eligible for work permits for this role
Other relevant information:
- Job-holder can enrol his or her children in the Summer Camp programme free of charge (when they are working on site) if relevant.
Candidates are required to send their CV with three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a cover letter to the attention of Mrs Naïma HADDADI, Director of Camps, International School of Geneva, by clicking on the desired position title by the 17th May 2021, mentioning the reference number 022.
Only applications via our website will be considered
Only candidates whose profiles match will be contacted.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.