The Campus La Châtaigneraie is set amidst the picturesque rolling farms and villages of Founex, overlooking Lake Geneva not far from the city. With a mix of historic and new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. The international team of educators is devoted to supporting a diverse population of students.
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Sickness replacement as Child/ Adolescent Psychologist (40-80% or as needed)
Part-time – 20 Hour(s)
- The candidate will work with individual students and groups of students, parents, specialized staff and teachers to support students with learning challenges, personal and social developmental issues. He/she will provide a wide array of services to children and adolescents, ranging from diagnostic assessment to recommendations for learning strategies and support.
- To work in collaboration with the teaching staff, parents and families, in providing support and advice to students.
- To work closely with all Campus staff to provide support and advice for inclusion
- To perform diagnostic assessments and recommend learning strategies and when necessary referrals to appropriate specialists
- To liaise and work with outside specialists in the follow-up of specific situations
- To provide caring and professional counselling in individual sessions helping students to make reflective decisions that affect their personal and academic development
- To participate in mental health prevention programs
- Master in Clinical Child and Adolescence Psychology – with a license to practice
- Experience conducting comprehensive psycho-educational assessments
- At least three years’ experience working with children in a multicultural and preferably educational environment
- Knowledge of local agencies /resources surrounding children’s issues in general and mental health in particular would be essential
- English or French Mother tongue with an excellent working knowledge of the other language
- Empathetic and rigorous
- Sensitive to diversity and multiculturalism
- Able to work well in teams
Candidates are required to apply on the link below by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Alexandra Conchard, International School of Geneva, Campus La Châtaigneraie before 11th February 2021 mentioning the reference number 230 078
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.